This page lists tools, apps, services, hardware, and other stuff I use in no particular order. All things listed are honest and personal recommendations!
Editor + Terminal
- Visual Studio Code is my go-to editor for all development (Rust, web dev, bash scripting, Terraform, Ansible, ...)
- IBM Plex Mono is my monospace font in Visual Studio Code
- iTerm 2 is my terminal
- zsh is my shell
- Brave is my day-to-day browser.
It's build on Chromium and offers Brave Rewards, which is a way to earn the BAT crypto currency by viewing ads. You can directly support me by tipping BAT to this website, my Twitter @KevinGimbel or on GitHub @KevinGimbel!
- I backup my entire Mac using Time Machine and a 1TB Seagate hard drive
- I use Nextcloud for cross-device sync of personal files (photos, documents, etc.)
- KeePassXC is my password manager on macOS
- Keepass2Android is my password manager on Android
- andOTP is my Two-Factor Auth token generator
I wrote about my 2FA and Password Manager setup in the past.